Academic and Professional Background
Years of Experience (over 17 years)
Strategic Planning Consultant
September 2020-October 2020
Contract Consulting that entailed the provision of services and deliverables of a comprehensive:
Model for caregiving.
Summary of Alberta regulatory requirements and government links for each level of care.
Organizational chart defining specific titles, qualifications, roles and responsibilities for each manager/staff member.
Logistical plan specific to the facility.
Detailed budgets for defined levels of care.
Nurse Consultant (Contractor)
Canadian Accreditation Council
August 2019-September 2019
Participated with the CEO and key staff members in the formulation and implementation of health standards for clients and staff.
• Participated with the CEO and key staff members in the formulation and implementation of standards congruent with current practice models and regulations.
• Directed CEO and key staff members to identify source materials to support literature reviews.
• Participated in sector meetings with funders or client organizations to promote CAC services.
Director of Care
November 2017-April 2018
Facilitated change management in the transition of new pharmacy provider PharmaCare and quality initiative projects (e.g. hand hygiene, encouraging optimization of EMR, provision of smoking cessation of packages via Alberta Quit). • Strategized and enforced timely completion of Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) and resident care plan to enhance increased funding based on Case-Mix Index (CMI) scores. • Presented a research proposal with recommendations regarding staffing ratios and effect on quality of care to the chief clinical officer and corporate director of standards, policies, care.
• Strategized and enforced collaboration of the interdisciplinary team and reintroduced doctor-nurse rounds. • Collaborated with the General Manager, in a dyad relationship, for budgetary operations. • Performed administrative duties such as completing monthly and quarterly AHS reports, hiring, scheduling, performance appraisals, and others.
Clinical Nurse Specialist
Alberta Health Services
August 2014-August 2017
• Successfully advocated and implemented system changes for the Dementia Care Team admission criteria to be more inclusive, to be more proactive and not just a paradigm of crisis management.
• Successfully advocated for reform in occupational and safety standards and return-to-work practice guidelines for employees, at the HR abilities level and at the front-line.
• Created and presented various proposals and papers to management and senior leadership (e.g. directors and CEO), on system transformation (Home Care) and population health for dementia education and nutrition needs in alignment with AHS "Patient First" and "Our People" foundational strategies and Quadruple Aim goals (available upon request). 2016-2017.
• Participant of a provincial, intersectoral, collaborative initiative that created the “Alberta Dementia Strategy and Action Plan.”
• Led an interdisciplinary team of 21 employees in the role of consultant, mentor, educator.
• Created and implemented an original educational geriatric orientation package for the DCT but can be utilized by Home Care Staff and Acute care staff.
Nursing Practice Instructor and Research Assistant
University of Calgary
August 2011-September 2013
Taught nursing students to bridge the link of theory to nursing practice in the lab and hospital settings.
• Research assistant for recruitment of immigrant postpartum women for Dr. Cynthia Mannion's Research on Pica.
Operating Room Nurse
Alberta Health Services
April 2004-August 2014
Employee Recognition Recipient for Surgical Liaison work. Foothills Medical Centre. 2011.
• Recipient of 2011 ORNAC Johnson & Johnson Drake Thompson writing award for article, “Conflict in the Operating Room: Fight and Flight or Growth and Communication.”2011
• Publication of book by VDM publisher of book, “Conflict Resolution in the Operating Room: Fight or Flight or Growth and Communication. A Manual for New Employees.” 2011. Available on Amazon.
Geriatric Rehabilitation Staff Nurse
Dr. Everett Chalmer's Hospital
May 2003-April 2004
Responsible for developing individualized health care plans for patients, monitoring and maintaining patient charts.
Performed clinical tasks according to the hospital's policies.
Assessed patients' health status and advised the appropriate practitioner of change.
Educated patients and families on health care needs and conditions.
Responsible for collaborating with the multi-disciplinary team in case management and discharge planning of patients.
Provided a leadership role in supervising and delegating tasks to LPNs and nursing aides.
Medication administration and supervising wound care.
Provided care for dialysis patients by performing and manual exchanges.
EXPECTED GRADUATION DATE-2021
DOCTOR OF HEALTH CARE ADMINISTRATION,
A. T. STILL UNIVERSITY
NURSING-POST MASTER'S ADVANCED COURSES IN HEALTH ASSESSMENT, PATHOPHYSIOLOGY AND PHARMACOLOGY- UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY AND ATHABASCA UNIVERSITY
DATES ATTENDED 2011 – 2013
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN NURSING- SPECIALTY LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT •
JULY 2008-WALDEN UNIVERSITY
BACHELOR OF NURSING
MAY 2003-UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK